Registered Nurse - Whangarei
We have a wonderful opportunity to join a warm, active, supportive community in our lovely Selwyn Park village - housed just 7 kilometers from the Whangarei city centre.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join the team on a 7-months fixed-term basis. This role represents a great opportunity to work in a professional, growing organisation, where you can make a real difference to the lives of our Elders.
The hours for this shift are 64 hours per fortnight:
Week 1: Monday to Wednesday 1445-2315
Week 2: Monday to Wednesday 1445-2315 and Saturday/Sunday 1445-2315
This role represents a great opportunity offering you the ability to:
- Work in a growing, stable not-for-profit organisation with a rich history of excellence
- Make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our Elders who you will get to know well
- Join a friendly supportive environment
- Receive competitive pay rates which will commensurate with your level of education
- Have access to an extensive education programme
- Be eligible for opportunities for further development
- Work additional hours if desired
As a Registered Nurse, you will be a good leader and have good problem solving skills. You will have strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to interact with residents from all walks of life and do their short/long term care plans. Honest and reliable, you will pride yourself on your work and have a current and valid NZNC registration and APC with ideally a minimum of 12 months NZ working experience within aged care.
Selwyn Park Village, Whangarei, is set in park-like grounds seven kilometres from Whangarei city centre and is surrounded by grasslands, with mature trees and a native bush backdrop.