Care Partner (Caregiver)
Be part of an organisation that puts the needs of the people who live in our care homes first.
We are currently seeking a Care Partner to work Monday to Thursday (4:00pm - 9:00pm) 20hrs/wk.
As a Care Partner, you will work as part of an empowered self-led team, driving our new care partnership approach; you will support our residents to lead a fulfilling lifestyle. Our new Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village is now open and a home to 90 residents in seven 'households' with each household functioning just like home, will have its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends will be able to visit, help to care for their loved ones.
As our households fill up we are require a new Care Partner to join our growing team!
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way". You will provide residents with the comforts and security of home by providing choice and helping with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months NZ working experience ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- A full and clean Drivers License
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
This role represent a great opportunity to work in a professional, growing organisation, where you can make a real difference to the lives of our Elders. We offer an opportunity to work in a unique care home, a new care facility, an extensive education programme and genuine opportunities for further development.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!