Aged Care - various shifts available
Seeking Registered Nurses
- Supportive and friendly team in an extensive, village environment
- New care suites, full - time positions available
- Lovely, conveniently located Point Chevalier location with free car parking
About The Selwyn Foundation
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
To do this, we believe that "to care for older people, you have to care about them" me matua aroha ki te tangata, hei manaaki tika i a ratou, and this ethos is reflected in our approach to the care and wellbeing of all who connect with us - known as The Selwyn Way.
We have been serving older people for over 60 years with our services focused on four key areas: charity, community, learning and villages.
About the role
We are currently seeking registered nurses to work in our care suites at Selwyn Village, to work predominantly in hospital level care. All staff have on-going training on safety issues and on the particular needs of our residents.
This is a fabulous opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way".
Below are the current vacancies available
Vacancy 1: (40hrs per week): Tuesday to Saturday 0645 - 1515
Vacancy 2: (24hrs per week): Saturday to Monday 0645 - 1515
Vacancy 3: (32hrs per week): Wednesday to Saturday 2245 - 0715
This role represents a great opportunity offering you the ability to:
- work in a growing, stable not-for-profit organisation with a rich history of excellence
- make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our Elders who you will get to know well
- join a friendly supportive environment
- receive competitive pay rates which will commensurate with your level of education
- have access to an extensive education programme
- be eligible for opportunities for further development
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others, and have leadership abilities. Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to live and work in New Zealand
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with current APC
- Proven nursing experience in an aged care environment
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Interai trained is desirable
This role represents a wonderful opportunity to work in a professional, growing organisation; we offer an opportunity to work in a unique care home, a new care facility, an extensive education programme and genuine opportunities for further development.