Weekend shifts available
- Supportive and friendly team in an extensive, village environment
- New care suites
- Papakura location with free car parking
Caring for New Zealand's seniors at The Selwyn Foundation
The Selwyn Foundation has led the way in improving the quality of life of senior citizens for over sixty years. A trusted name in the provision of care and services to older people, we pride ourselves on our reputation for innovation and delivering the best possible experience for our residents and customers. Our vibrant new residential care centres have set a new standard within the aged care and retirement village sectors, offering state-of-the-art design, a ‘household' layout and a pioneering model of care.
With an inclusive and supportive culture, family-friendly practices and a focus on developing leadership and ongoing coaching and training, we have exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses who are interested in ‘CARE performance' not ‘SHARE performance'.
We're currently seeking 1 full time and 2 part time Registered Nurse for Selwyn Oaks in Papakura, Auckland.
Below are the current vacancies available
Vacancy 1 (40hrs per week): Sunday to Thursday 2245 - 0715
Vacancy 2 (29hrs per week): Fri, Sat, Mon & Tues 1645-2200, Sunday 0645 - 1515
Vacancy 3 (16hrs per week): Friday & Saturday 2245 - 0715
About the role
With a cheerful and caring manner, you will be empathetic and have a passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service for our rest home residents.
This role involves being a good leader and having effective problem-solving skills, as you will lead the clinical care provision within the care home. Reporting to the Care Manager, your strong communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to interact well with residents and family members of all backgrounds and to work with them on designing their individualised care plans.
Reliable and trustworthy, you will pride yourself on your clinical expertise, compassion and respect for the person. You will have a current and valid NZNC registration and APC, with preferably 12 months NZ working experience. Current InterRAI training is also desirable.
As well as competitive pay rates, this great opportunity also offers you the ability to:
- work with a leading provider in the aged sector and retirement village sector
- join a warm and welcoming environment that promotes teamwork and positive leadership
- benefit from ongoing professional development and training, with opportunities for further career progression
- have certainty of hours through fixed rosters
- enjoy free car parking.
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others, and have leadership abilities. Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to live and work in New Zealand
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with current APC
- Proven nursing experience in an aged care environment
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Interai trained is desirable
If you're looking for your next opportunity and believe you have the right skills and attributes to make a significant difference in the lives of New Zealand's seniors, apply now!
The Selwyn Foundation is a New Zealand charitable trust and we believe that ‘To care for older people, you have to care about them'. In everything we do, we're guided by The Selwyn Way, our unique and holistic approach to the care and wellbeing of all who connect with the Foundation, our staff as well as those in our care.