Caregiver - Night and PM Shifts - Karori Wellington
- Be a part of a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment
- Conveniently located in Karori, 10 minutes drive from Wellington CBD
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
To do this, we believe that "to care for older people, you have to care about them" me matua aroha ki te tangata, hei manaaki tika i a ratou, and this ethos is reflected in our approach to the care and wellbeing of all who connect with us - known as The Selwyn Way.
We have been serving older people for over 60 years with our services focused on four key areas: charity, community, learning and villages.
About Joining The Selwyn Foundation:
Set in just over three quarters of a hectare of mature gardens in the residential heart of Karori, Sprott House comprises of 13 independent living villas, a 73-room care facility (rest home and hospital) and a purpose-built, dedicated secure dementia care unit for 24 people.
We currently have two positions available working the following hours:
Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 11:00pm to 7:00am
Monday to Friday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
These role represents a great opportunity offering you the ability to:
- Work in a growing, stable not-for-profit organisation with a rich history of excellence
- Make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our Elders who you will get to know well
- Join a friendly supportive environment
- Receive competitive pay rates which will commensurate with your level of education
- Have access to an extensive education programme
- Be eligible for opportunities for further development
What We're Looking for:
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others, and have leadership abilities.
Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to work in New Zealand (permanent roles require permanent work rights)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Relevant aged care experience