House Lead (Senior Caregiver)
A great opportunity to develop your career in caregiving
Calling all Caregivers looking for a leadership opportunity! We are seeking a House Lead to join the team at Selwyn St Andrews.
Opened at the end of 2017, our new care suites house up to 24 residents in two 'households' at Selwyn St Andrews located in Cambridge. Each household functions just like home, with its own living room and open plan kitchen and large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends will be able not just to visit, but help to care for their loved ones by for example using the household kitchen to prepare a meal and stay overnight in a guest room.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them 'The Selwyn Way'. You will guide and coach a team of Care Partners, oversee rosters and arrange and facilitate meetings. You will also help with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
As part of this exciting new development we are seeking a House Lead to join the team. Reporting to the Assistant Village Manager, you will help empower a self led team to provide residents with the comfort and security of home and help them make choices on how they wish to engage in a meaningful life.
To be successful you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others and have proven leadership abilities to support, coach and develop a self-led team.
Other requirements include:-
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships and guide staff
- Some experience leading others
- Proven caregiving experience ideally within aged care
- Manual handling competence
- An outgoing personality with a very positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, the ability to work autonomously with really good organisation skills
Our villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential.
The available shift is:
- Sunday to Thursday (1500 - 2315) 37.5hrs a week
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude needed to excel in this role, APPLY NOW!