Care Manager - Fixed Term Contract
- 6 month fixed term contract - maternity cover
- Starting early September 2019
- Pt Chevalier location
- Monday to Friday - 40hrs/wk
Be a part of leading a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment.
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation has led the way in improving the quality of life of senior citizens for over sixty years. A trusted name in the provision of care and services to older people, we pride ourselves on our reputation for innovation and delivering the best possible experience for our residents and customers. Our vibrant new residential care centres have set a new standard within the aged care and retirement village sectors, offering state-of-the-art design, a ‘household' layout and a pioneering model of care.
About the Care Manager role:
Selwyn Village has a truly unique opportunity available for someone keen to take and expand upon their clinical leadership abilities. We are looking for a Care Manager for our Ivan Ward Centre (Hospital level care) on a 6 month fixed term Maternity cover contract. You will be responsible for managing our brand new facility as well as leading our clinical staff (Caregivers and Nurses). Managing the operations of our hospital care facility within an integrated village, you will be charged with leading, coaching and developing staff to deliver service excellence.
Key requirements are:
- A minimum of 5+ years proven management experience as a Care/ Facility Manager or a clinical background (registered nurse) with proven management skills and experience
- New Zealand Nursing registration and current APC
- Proven clinical leadership skills with at least three years of nursing experience in an aged care environment
- Proven people management skills with the ability to lead, coach and develop a team
- Strong business and financial management skills/acumen
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our residents, their families and our employees. If you want to be part of an organisation that is transforming aged care and is a respected and trusted service provider, apply now!