House Lead - Senior Caregiver
Calling all Caregivers looking for a leadership opportunity!
We are seeking a House Lead (Sr. Caregiver) to join the team at Selwyn Oaks.
Opened at the start of 2018, our care suites offer a new model of care, and are home to 48 residents in four 'households' at Selwyn Oaks Village located in Papakura. Each household will function just like home, with its own living room and open plan kitchen and large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends will be able not just to visit, but help to care for their loved ones by using the household kitchen to prepare a meal and stay overnight in a guest room.
You will guide and coach a team of Care Partners (Caregivers), oversee rosters and arrange and facilitate meetings. You will also help with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
Reporting to the Village & Care Manager, you will help empower a self-led team to provide residents with the comfort and security of home and help them make choices on how they wish to engage in a meaningful life.
To be successful you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others and have proven leadership abilities to support, coach and develop a self-led team.
Key requirements include:
- Solid experience as a Caregiver
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to build and maintain relationships and guide staff
- Ideally Level 4 or a relevant qualification in aged care
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate IT skills (preferable)
- The ability to deliver service excellence
- An outgoing personality with a very positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, with really good organisation skills
In return we offer an opportunity to earn a rewarding hourly rate depending on experience and qualifications, free onsite parking and set shifts.
This role is scheduled to work Sunday to Thursday 1500 - 2315 (38.75 hours per week).
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude needed to excel in this role, apply now!!
Our villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential