Dementia Day Services Activities Caregiver - Pt Chevalier
Lavender Cottage, Selwyn Village, Pt Chevalier
- Permanent, part time role
- Free parking on site
- Great hourly rates offered
We are seeking an experienced part time Dementia Day Service Activities Caregiver for our Lavender Cottage Day Centre, based at Selwyn Village in Pt Chevalier.
Lavender Cottage is one of our Dementia Day Centres where people affected by dementia can come during the day to socialise and participate in an activities programme.
This position will be responsible for providing a balanced and varied programme of activities to the clients who attend. To enhance the quality of life of our clients, ensuring support is available in a clean, safe and caring environment and at an appropriate level for each individual.
This role is working part time as follows:
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm = 27.5hrs per week
The position may be required to provide assistance with the transport of clients to and from their homes and recreational outings and to provide relief cover at other locations within greater Auckland.
- Implementing a balanced & varied programme of activities for the clients
- Assisting clients with meals and personal care needs
- Cleaning and maintaining the vehicle to a high standard
- Recording all relevant communications in clients files
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months' NZ working experience - ideally in age/dementia care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- An interest in activities with the elderly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
You must also have a clean Full New Zealand driver's license and good knowledge of Auckland roads. You will be reliable, flexible, demonstrate empathy, have a positive attitude and a passion for working with the elderly to enhance their quality of life.
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable provider of services to people over 65. For over 60 years, we have provided a high quality continuum of care to our residents. Faith guides us in everything we do and the interrelationship of Care, Independence, Wellness and Diversity drives us to deliver the best possible outcome for the ageing person, who is central to everything we do.
We offer competitive pay and a friendly and a supportive working environment. This is your opportunity to join our organisation and make a real difference in the lives of the Elderly!