Caregiver - Selwyn Village - Part Time
- Excellent hourly rates + Weekend allowance
- Pt. Chevalier Location with FREE onsite parking
- Permanent part-time role with fixed AM shifts
We are seeking an experienced Caregiver to work predominantly in hospital level care for our Sarah Selwyn Hospital in Selwyn Village. The vacancy is permanent part time working Saturday & Sunday 0700-1330 = 12 hrs/wk.
There will be opportunities to pick up additional shifts if required.
About the role:
As a Caregiver you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way".
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months NZ working experience ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Level 2 or higher NZ Health and Wellbeing qualification is desirable
In return, we offer competitive pay rates, a friendly supportive environment, an extensive education programme and opportunities for further development.
Sarah Selwyn Hospital is a modern, purpose-built 81-bed hospital within Selwyn Village. If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!