Activities Coordinator - Aged Care - Hospital level
- Permanent, full time role
- Beautiful Retirement Village environment
- Pt Chevalier location with Free onsite parking
- Beautiful modern hospital level home
An exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced Activities Coordinator to join the fabulous team at the Ivan Ward Centre (Hospital level care) at Selwyn Village in Pt Chevalier.
We currently have following vacancy available:
Sunday to Thursday 0800-1615 = 38.75hrs week
Working alongside the in-house Diversional Therapist, this position is responsible for enhancing the quality of life of our residents by providing a balanced and varied programme of recreational activities. In consultation with the DT you will participate in the creation of the monthly programme, ensuring it meets the needs, interests and abilities of our residents providing them with opportunities for choice, variety, spontaneity and opportunities to contribute.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Proven experience in an Activities role within Aged Care
- A current full New Zealand driver's license
- Excellent communication
- Good computer skills
- Empathy for the elderly
- The ability to motivate, encourage and understand the varied needs of our residents
- A creative and ‘fun' personality as well as being mature, sensible and cooperative
The Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village offers hospital level care to 90 residents in seven 'households,' with each household functioning just like home, with its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing, where Whanau and friends can visit and help to care for their loved ones.
If you want to be part of an organisation that is transforming aged care and is a reputable provider of residential services with a friendly and supportive working environment, then apply now!