The Selwyn Foundation has led the way in improving the quality of life of senior citizens for over sixty years. A trusted name in the provision of care and services to older people, we pride ourselves on our reputation for innovation and delivering the best possible experience for our residents and customers.
Faith guides us in everything we do and the interrelationship of Care, Independence, Wellness and Diversity drives us to deliver the best possible outcome for the ageing person, who is central to everything we do.
We currently have a chaplaincy opportunity available based at Selwyn Village in Point Chevalier in Auckland. This is a new full time role of 40hrs per week based around a 2 week roster where responsibility for Sunday worship will be shared amongst the team, allowing for some Sundays off.
However our Villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential.
Accountable to the Director of Spiritual Care, this position will work as part of the chaplaincy team in partnership with facility and village managers, responsible for providing a ministry of pastoral care and spiritual wellbeing for residents, their families and friends, staff and families. You will promote the Selwyn Care faith perspective at all times by modelling the principles of and providing education regarding the Selwyn Way. You will provide Christian support, assistance, worship including creative expressions of meaning-making within and beyond the chapel environment and:
- Respect the beliefs of all residents and at all times maintain professional standards of pastoral care practice and confidentiality;
- Be an advocate for residents and staff where appropriate;
- Ensure residents are supported to find meaning, purpose and connectedness as they transition through the different stages associated with ageing;
- Provide regular services of Christian worship and opportunities for meaning-making as rostered;
- Assist with staff education as required.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Enabling of the ministry of others
- Enthusiastic about working with the older adult
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to provide spiritual and pastoral care, regardless of faith perspective of resident
- Comfortable with dementia and death
- Full driving license /own vehicle
- Anglican Priest with Diocesan Ministry Licence
Working in a friendly and supportive environment, this is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders. If you want to be part of an organisation that is transforming aged care and is a reputable provider of residential services with a friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications close: 9th August 2019