Care Partner (Caregiver)
- Excellent hourly rates offered
- Fixed shift/rosters
- Papakura Location - Free parking
- New Care facility
As a Care Partner you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties.
Opened at the start of 2018, our new care suites are home to 48 residents in four 'households' at Selwyn Oaks Village located in Papakura. Each household will function just like home, with its own living room and open plan kitchen and large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends will be able not just to visit, but help to care for their loved ones by using the household kitchen to prepare a meal and stay overnight in a guest room.
We have the following 2 shift vacancies available:
- Vacancy 1: Wednesday to Saturday (1500-2200) & Sunday (0700- 1400) - 32.5 hours per week
- Vacancy 2: Saturday & Sunday (1500-2200)- 13 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way". You will provide residents with the comforts and security of home by providing choice and helping with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months' NZ working experience, ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!