Caregivers - Wellington
- Excellent hourly rates
- Be a part of a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment
- Conveniently located in Karori, 10 minutes drive from Wellington CBD
About the role
Set in just over three quarters of a hectare of mature gardens in the residential heart of Karori, Sprott House comprises of 13 independent living villas, a 73-room care facility (rest home and hospital) and a purpose-built, dedicated secure dementia care unit for 24 people.
As a Caregiver you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties.
We are currently seeking Caregivers for the following vacancies:
Vacancy 1: Fri to Mon, 0700-1300 (24hrs per week)
Vacancy 2: Wed to Sat, 0700-1300 Sun 0700-1500 (31.5hrs per week)
Vacancy 3: Thurs to Mon, 1500-2100 (30hrs per week)
Vacancy 4: Sun to Thurs, 1500-2300 (37.5hrs per week)
Vacancy 5: Fri & Sat, 2300-0700 (15hrs per week)
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months' NZ working experience - ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!