Village and Care Manager - Cambridge
- Newly created, senior level position
- Permanent, full time role - 40 hrs/wk
- Cambridge location
- Independent Living experience advantageous
- Clinical background and management experience essential
Be a part of leading a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment.
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
About the Village and Care Manager role:
Selwyn St Andrews in Cambridge has a truly unique opportunity available for someone with a background in senior management within the Retirement Village sector. In this pivotal role it is essential for us to have an outstanding leader of people who has the ability to coach and develop others, whilst creating an environment for their team to succeed, develop and grow. At the same time, building and maintaining strong relationships with our residents and their families.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the operations of the entire integrated village, covering Independent Living through to Residential and Hospital level care. You will be charged with leading, coaching and developing staff to deliver service excellence, whilst ensuring effective management of the day-to-day operations of the village in accordance with the annual business plan objectives and prevailing operating requirements.
Key requirements are:
- A minimum of 5+ years' proven management experience as a Village Manager, and/or a clinical background (registered nurse) with proven Care Facility management skills and experience
- New Zealand Nursing registration and current APC
- Ideally experience managing an Independent Living facility
- Proven clinical leadership skills with at least three years of nursing experience in an aged care environment
- Proven people management skills with the ability to lead, coach and develop a team
- Strong business and financial management skills/acumen
This role represents a great opportunity offering you the ability to:
- Work in a growing, stable not-for-profit organisation with a rich history of excellence
- Make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our Elders who you will get to know well
- Join a friendly supportive environment
- Receive very competitive pay rate which will commensurate with your level of education and/or experience
This is a wonderful opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our residents, their family and our employees. If you want to be part of an organisation that is transforming aged care and is a respected and trusted service provider, apply now!