Caregiver - Point Chevalier
- Competitive hourly rate offered
- Pt Chevalier location
- Free parking
- Variety of shifts available
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way". You will provide residents with the comforts and security of home by providing choice and helping with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
As a Caregiver you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties.
We are currently seeking Caregivers for the following vacancies:
- Vacancy 1: Saturday to Wednesday 1500-2100 (30hrs per week)
- Vacancy 2: Sat & Sun 0700- 1300, Mon & Tues 0700-1500 (27hrs per week)
- Vacancy 3: Friday to Sunday 1500-2300 (22.5hrs per week)
- Vacancy 4: Thursday to Saturday 1500-2100 (18hrs per week)
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months' NZ working experience ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!