House Lead (Senior Caregiver)
- Very competitive hourly rates offered
- Fixed shift/rosters
- Pt Chevalier location
- Free parking
Calling all caregivers looking for a leadership opportunity!
We are seeking a House Lead (Senior Caregiver) to join the team at Selwyn Village for our new Ivan Ward Centre - Hospital level care.
This vacancy is to work Friday to Tuesday 0700-1515 (38.75 hours per week).
Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village is home to 90 residents in seven 'households' with each household functioning just like home, will have its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends will be able to visit, help to care for their loved ones.
You will guide and coach a team of Care Partners (caregivers), oversee rosters and arrange and facilitate meetings. You will also help with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
Reporting to the Care Manager, you will help empower a self-led team to provide residents with the comfort and security of home and help them make choices on how they wish to engage in a meaningful life.
To be successful you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others and have proven leadership abilities to support, coach and develop a self-led team.
Other requirements include:
- Ideally a relevant qualification in Aged Care or ability to achieve a Level 4 Health qualification within the required timeframe
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships and guide staff
- Intermediate IT skills (preferable)
- The ability to deliver service excellence
- An outgoing personality with a very positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, the ability to work autonomously with really good organisation skills
Our villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential.
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude needed to excel in this role, APPLY NOW!