Activities Coordinator - Aged Care - Hamilton
- Permanent / part-time role in a modern care facility
- Exciting role with freedom to innovate and create
- FREE onsite parking
- Conveniently located in central Hamilton
Selwyn Wilson Carlile enjoys an enduring reputation in the Waikato as an experienced, reputable provider of aged care services including a modern purpose-built Rest home and Respite care. Situated in Grey Street, Hamilton East, the Village is close to shopping facilities and public transport.
We are seeking innovative, inspiring and imaginative Activities Coordinators to join Selwyn Wilson Carlile in Hamilton.
In this role, you will work with the Diversional Therapist to:
- Plan and design balanced and varied programme of recreational activities, hobbies, entertainment and household tasks that provide residents with opportunities for choice, variety, spontaneity and opportunities to contribute.
- Motivate Residents, families, communities and other villages to participate
- Help coordinate, lead and inspire volunteers, resources and team members
- Contribute to improving processes and systems continually
- Build strong relationships with managers, residents, and families
We have two positions available working 27 hours/fortnight:
Week 1: Tues-Thurs 0930-1400
Week 2: Mon 0930-1400; Fri 0930-1300; Sat-Sun 0915-1245
Week 1: Thurs-Fri 0930-1400; Sat-Sun 0915-1245
Week 2: Wed-Fri 0930-1400
You will be passionate about working in a creative and imaginative way in order to engage residents in activities that are beneficial to their mind, body, and soul. You will be innovation-focused and have a high level of empathy to understand the varying needs of our Residents and their levels of care.
Key requirements for the role:
- Proven experience in an activities role within aged care
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Clean, full driver's license - this position will be required to drive the resident van
About The Selwyn Foundation: The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people over 65 and we pride ourselves in providing a high-quality continuum of care to our customers for over 60 years. Faith guides us in everything we do and the interrelationship of Care, Independence, Wellness, and Diversity drives us to deliver the best possible outcome for the ageing person, who is central to everything we do.
If you think you have the skills, experience, and attitude needed to excel in this role then please apply now.