Diversional Therapist - Hamilton
- Permanent, part-time position in a modern care facility
- Exciting role with freedom to innovate and create
- Join an award-winning team of Diversional Therapists
- Free onsite parking
Selwyn Wilson Carlile enjoys an enduring reputation in the Waikato as an experienced, reputable provider of aged care services including a modern purpose-built Rest home and Respite care. Situated in Grey Street, Hamilton East, the Village is close to shopping facilities and public transport.
We are looking for an innovative, inspiring and imaginative Diversional Therapist to join Selwyn Wilson Carlile in Hamilton, working a roster of Monday - Thursday 0900-1530; 24 hours per week.
You will be energetic and motivated and thrive on overcoming challenges and making a difference in the lives of older people. You will be passionate about working in a creative and imaginative way in order to engage residents and help them live life abundantly. We enhance our residents' lives through technology i.e. iPads and smartboards; so you will need to be tech-savvy too.
As a Diversional Therapist, you will:
- Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of the engagement programme
- Motivate residents, families and the community to participate
- Inspire, mentor and lead caregivers
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Diversional Therapy qualification or working your way towards this goal
- Clean, full driver's license
- Professional DT Registration would be advantageous
- Dementia experience would be advantageous
In return, you will work in a supportive environment, opportunities for development and have the satisfaction of a rewarding role. Robotic seals is one example of our innovation and you can read more about that here.
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need. To do this, we believe that "to care for older people, you have to care about them" me mātua aroha ki te tangata, hei manaaki tika i a rātou, and this ethos is reflected in our approach to the care and wellbeing of all who connect with us - known as ‘The Selwyn Way'.
If you believe you have the skills, experience, attitude and are ready for this amazing challenge, click the 'apply now' button to start your online application!