Home Services - Aged Care
- Housekeeping & personal care focus
- Permanent part-time position
- Hillsborough location
- Stunning retirement village environment with modern facilities and equipment
An exciting part-time opportunity has emerged to join the Home Services team doing housekeeping and personal care to independent living residents at Selwyn Heights Village in Hillsborough.
Reporting to the Assistant Village Manager, you will be responsible for providing professional quality services to independent living residents, ensuring the service reflects the values of the organisation and delivers service excellence.
This is a permanent role working 4 days per week - Tuesday to Friday - 8:30 am to 3 pm - 24 hrs per week.
You will work closely with our residents to complete daily tasks such as:
- Mopping/sweeping floors, vacuuming
- Changing bed linen/making beds, laundry
- Cleaning kitchens/bathrooms
- Personal care responsibilities (e.g. Assisting with showering, dressing)
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- High level of fitness - a lot of walking between buildings required
- Previous caregiver/housekeeping experience - ideally in an Aged Care/hospitality environment
- Able to work unsupervised and work to a definite time schedule
- Great energy and enthusiasm and be a keen team worker
- Strong verbal communication skills
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of quality aged Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
If you're looking for your next opportunity and believe you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, we want to hear from you!