House Lead - Senior Caregiver
- Aged care facility - Papakura location
- Very competitive hourly rate offered
- Fixed shifts/rosters
- New 'Household' model of care
Calling all senior-level Caregivers looking for a leadership opportunity!
We are seeking a House Lead (Senior Caregiver) to join the team at Selwyn Oaks- Papakura for the following vacancy:
Sunday to Thursday 0700 - 1515 (38.75 hours per week)
Selwyn Oaks offers a new model of care and is home to 48 residents in four 'households' located in Papakura. Each household functions just like home, with its own living room and open plan kitchen and large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able to not just to visit, but help to care for their loved ones by using the household kitchen to prepare a meal and stay overnight in a guest room.
About the role
You will lead, empower and coach a team of Care Partners (Caregivers), oversee rosters and arrange and facilitate meetings with both your team and residents and their families. You will also help with everything that goes on at homes such as food provision, recreational activities/hobbies and some housekeeping.
Reporting to the Village & Care Manager, you will help empower a self-led team of Care Partners to provide residents with the comfort and security of home and help them make choices on how they wish to engage in a meaningful life.
To be successful in this role you must possess strong leadership skills and ability, a high level of confidence and be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders.
Key requirements include:
- Solid experience as a Caregiver in Aged Care
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to build and maintain relationships and guide staff
- Ideally Level 4 or relevant qualification in aged care
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate IT skills (preferable)
- The ability to deliver service excellence
- An outgoing personality with a very positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, with really good organisation skills
In return, we offer an opportunity to earn a rewarding hourly rate depending on experience and qualifications, free onsite parking and set shifts.
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude needed to excel in this role, apply now!!
Our villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential.