Community Service Driver - Part-time
- Aged care
- 1-year fixed-term contract
- 12 hours per week - across Monday to Friday
- 3 or 4 days per week, working 3 to 4 hours per day
Selwyn Community is seeking a competent and experienced driver to transport people from their homes in the Auckland area to various activities/outings in the community, and to our dementia day programme in the Eastern Suburbs. It is imperative that a driver is very patient, sensible and open to learning about working with people with dementia.
If you would like to join the Selwyn Community team on a 1-year fixed-term contract and have the flexibility to be available between Monday and Friday to work 3 to 4 days per week over 3 or 4 hours per day, then look no further! Flexibility and reliability are essential.
Specific duties include:
- Assisting clients into and out of the vehicles
- Driving them in safety and comfort to their destination and back to their homes
- Ensuring they are comfortable and happy on their trip
- Cleaning and maintaining the vehicles regularly and making sure they are well presented
- Maintaining a logbook of vehicle use
Other requirements include:
- A clean full New Zealand passenger vehicle license
- Good knowledge of Auckland roads
- The skill and ability to drive gently and steadily for the sake of the passengers
- Good English skills: good at listening and talking with clients
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- An empathetic and caring nature, being thoughtful and patient with older people
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable provider of services to people over 65. For over 60 years, we have provided a high-quality continuum of care to our residents. Faith guides us in everything we do and the interrelationship of Care, Independence, Wellness and Diversity drive us to deliver the best possible outcome for the ageing person, who is central to everything we do.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, with a positive attitude and a passion for working with the elderly. So if you have these attributes and proven experience as a very good driver, we are keen to hear from you.
In return, we offer competitive pay, training and development opportunities and a friendly, supportive working environment. This is your opportunity to join a growing organisation and make a real difference.