Registered Nurse - Ivan Ward Centre - Selwyn Village
- Excellent pay rates offered
- Permanent, Part time role - 32 hrs. wk.
- Certainty of hours through fixed rosters
- Beautiful new care suites
- Point Chevalier location with FREE car parking
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team at Ivan Ward Centre (Hospital & Resthome level care) in Selwyn Village, Point Chevalier. Our vibrant residential care Centre has set a new standard within the aged care and retirement village sectors, offering state-of-the-art design, a "household" layout and a pioneering model of care.
We currently have the following vacancy available:
Monday to Thursday - 0645-1515 = 32 hours / week
About the role:
This role involves being a good leader and having effective problem-solving skills, as you will lead the clinical care provision within the ‘household'. Reporting to the Care Manager, your strong communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to interact well with residents and family members of all backgrounds and to work with them on designing their individualised care plans. Reliable and trustworthy, you will pride yourself on your clinical expertise, compassion and respect for the person.
You MUST have a current and valid NZNC registration and APC, with preferably 2 years NZ Aged Care experience. Current InterRAI training is also desirable.
Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to live and work in New Zealand
- Proven nursing experience in Aged Care is preferred
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village is home to 90 residents in seven 'households' with each household functioning just like home, with each having its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able to visit and help to care for their loved ones.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, APPLY NOW!