Café and Kitchen Assistant - Cambridge
- Permanent full time role
- Exciting role with heaps of variety
- Modern Aged care facility
- Beautiful Cambridge location
Selwyn's St. Andrew's village in Cambridge is seeking a passionate Café and Kitchen Assistant to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis for the following vacancy: Wednesday to Sunday 9am - 5pm = 37.5 hrs/wk
About the role:
Reporting to the Chef Manager this position is responsible for the smooth running of the café and will encompass excellence in customer service, safe hygiene practices and high quality food presentation. You will hold passion for presentation in the cup of coffee and a desire to delight customers. You will also be assisting the chef with food preparation and meticulous clean up after service.
We're looking for someone who is flexible and can commit to the hours as this is a permanent role - this may be more dependent on workload and functions. In return we offer competitive pay, training and development opportunities and a friendly, supportive working environment.
- Have previous experience within a similar role and have the ability to step into the chef role where required
- Hold a Food Safety Certificate
- Have Front of House café and Barista skills/experience
- Have experience with handling cash transactions
- Be flexible and work independently
- Hold a full driver's license
- Be an effective team member that works in a manner that reflects The Selwyn Way (faith, care, independence, wellness)
- Be customer focused with a friendly personality
Selwyn St Andrews offers a very diverse and different experience of working as we have the versatility of a Café, healthcare facility and hosting functions for various clubs in Cambridge.
The Selwyn Foundation is a leading provider of aged care services, with seven sites located in metropolitan areas across New Zealand. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional and innovative care and hospitality services that delight our residents and our guests.
Make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them with your skills and attributes. Apply Now!