Care Partner (Caregiver) - Full time
- Excellent hourly rates plus weekend allowance
- Permanent full-time role with Fixed shifts
- New and modern care facility
- Pt Chevalier Location with Free parking
We are seeking a Care Partner to join our fantastic team at Ivan Ward Centre in Selwyn Village on a permanent full time basis for the following vacancy in the secure Dementia unit:
Sunday & Monday 0700-1515; Wednesday to Friday 1500-2315 = 38.75 hrs/wk
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our Elders and help support them "The Selwyn Way". You will provide residents with the comforts and security of home by providing choice and helping with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
As a Care Partner you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months NZ working experience ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Experience and qualification in Dementia care
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Level 3 or higher NZ Health and Wellbeing qualification is desirable
About The Selwyn Foundation:
Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village is home to 90 residents in seven 'households' with each household functioning just like home, with each having its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able to visit and help to care for their loved ones.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, APLY NOW!