House Lead (Senior Caregiver)
- Excellent hourly rates offered
- Permanent full-time senior role with Fixed AM shifts
- New and modern care facility
- Pt Chevalier Location with Free parking
Calling all caregivers looking for a leadership opportunity!
We are seeking a House Lead (Senior Caregiver) to join our fantastic team at Ivan Ward Centre in Selwyn Village on a permanent full time basis for the following vacancy:
Wednesday to Sunday 0700-1515 = 38.75 hrs/wk
About the role:
You will guide and coach a team of Care Partners (caregivers), oversee rosters and arrange and facilitate meetings with both your team and residents and their families. You will also help with everything that goes on at home such as food provision, recreational activities / hobbies and some housekeeping.
Reporting to the Care Manager, you will help empower a self-led team to provide residents with the comfort and security of home and help them make choices on how they wish to engage in a meaningful life.
To be successful in this role you must possess strong leadership skills, a high level of confidence and be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders.
Other requirements include:
- Solid experience as a Caregiver in Aged Care
- Level 3 or higher NZ Health and Wellbeing qualification is desirable
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships and guide staff
- Intermediate IT skills (preferable)
- The ability to deliver service excellence
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, the ability to work autonomously with really good organisation skills
- Our villages operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so flexibility is essential.
About The Selwyn Foundation:
Ivan Ward Centre at Selwyn Village is home to 90 residents in seven 'households' with each household functioning just like home, with each having its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able to visit and help to care for their loved ones.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, APLY NOW!