Care Partner (Caregiver) - Papakura
- Lovely Retirement village - Papakura location
- Competitive hourly rates offered
- Permanent, part-time role with fixed PM shifts
- Opportunity for career growth
Selwyn Oaks Retirement Village in Papakura is seeking an experienced Care partner (caregiver) on a permanent part-time basis.
We have the following vacancy available:
Sunday, Monday 1700-2100 and Thursday, Friday 1700-2100 = 16 hours week
There will be opportunities to pick up additional shifts if desired.
About the role:
As a Care Partner you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and some housekeeping duties.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- NZ caregiving experience ideally in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Ideally have Level 2 or higher Health and Wellbeing qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
About Selwyn Oaks
Our care suites are home to 48 residents in four 'households' at Selwyn Oaks. Each household functions just like home, with its own living room and open plan kitchen and large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able not just to visit, but help to care for their loved ones by using the household kitchen to prepare a meal and stay overnight in a guest room.
If you are looking for your next career opportunity and believe you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!