Caregivers - Full time - Wellington
- Excellent hourly rates plus weekend allowance
- Permanent Full time roles with fixed shifts
- Be a part of a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment
- Conveniently located in Karori, 10 minutes' drive from Wellington CBD
We are seeking experienced Caregivers to join the friendly team at Sprott House in Karori, Wellington.
We have the following 2 vacancies available:
- Friday to Tuesday 7am-1:30pm = 30 hrs/wk
- Monday; Wednesday to Saturday 3-9:30 pm = 30 hrs/wk
About the role:
As a Caregiver you will be responsible for providing residents with safe care and daily support in accordance with individual care plans, ensuring their needs are met with patience, understanding, dignity and respect. Your tasks will cover personal hygiene care, assisting at meal times and cleaning duties.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 12 months' NZ working experience in aged care
- Eligibility to work in NZ permanently
- Level 2 or higher NZ Health and Wellbeing qualification is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- An outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others
About the Selwyn Foundation:
Set in just over three quarters of a hectare of mature gardens in the residential heart of Karori, Selwyn Sprott House comprises of 13 independent living villas, a 73-room care facility (rest home and hospital) and a purpose-built, dedicated secure dementia care unit for 24 people.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and believe, you have the right skills and attributes to make a difference, apply now!